Digital Media Specialist • Jeffco Public Schools • 2016-present
- Create, implement, and measure the success of a digital media strategy designed to increase awareness of and provide information about the second largest school district in Colorado, which includes 157 schools, employs 14,000 individuals, and educates more than 86,000 students.
- Manage a district website that experiences an average of 8.5 million page views from 1.6 million visitors each year. Oversee the work of 70+ editors on this website.
- Led the redesign — information architecture, content, and design — of the district website (500+ pages) and the redesign process for 155 school websites.
- Oversee district social media channels including a Facebook page with 13,000+ fans and a Twitter account with 9,500 followers.
- Convene and direct the work of a web governance committee that sets policies, guidelines, and best practices for websites, mobile apps, and social media use across the district.
Freelance Designer and Writer • wb designs • 2003-present
- Create logos, print materials, wedding invitations, and website elements.
- Designed 200-page book.
- Write articles for various publications.
Director of Marketing • Email on Acid • 2015–2016
- Developed, implemented, and measured the success of an integrated marketing, communications, and public relations plan to increase brand awareness, gain new customers, and build industry thought leadership.
- Managed a team of four direct reports whose efforts realized a 26 percent increase in product subscribers, 79 percent increase in email list subscribers, and a 55 percent average increase in social media followers during my tenure.
- Facilitated collaborative partnerships with companies in the industry—ranging from writing guest blog posts to cohosting webinars and co-publishing guides—resulting in 19 projects.
- Managed the marketing budget, which included the work of external contractors for public relations, graphic design, SEO, and paid advertising.
Communications Manager • LiveWell Colorado • 2014–2015
- Created and executed multi-channel communications strategies for a wide range of initiatives ranging from policy support to social marketing to fundraising campaigns.
- Engaged and grew a robust social media community, including 65,000+ Facebook fans, 3,500+ Twitter followers, 2,900+ Pinterest followers, and a private Facebook group for LiveWell Moms.
- Managed Google AdWords grant account.
- Created and curated content for three monthly and one quarterly enewsletter and two blogs.
- Provided communications training and support for organization’s strategic partners and coalitions.
- Oversaw external contractors for public relations, website development and maintenance, creative strategy and content, and graphic design work.
Public Relations and Communications Director • The Gathering Place • 2010–2014
- Led brand discovery process and branding trainings for staff and board of directors.
- Managed agency printing budget; conducted a print audit to reduce overall printing expenditures.
- Oversaw digital media—website, email marketing, and social media—strategy and implementation.
- Pitched stories to and fielded media requests from Denver-area and national media outlets.
- Wrote, edited, designed, and managed the production of agency materials and communications including press releases, fact sheets, executive speeches, editorial pieces, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, event invitations, fundraising requests, and various other marketing collateral.
- Spoke to groups and individuals about the mission and work of the organization.
Manager of Web Communications • Duke Law School • 2007–2010
- Wrote, edited content for, and managed 40+ web editors on www.law.duke.edu and related websites.
- Spearheaded successful internal website redesign process creating a path to tailored content for targeted audiences.
- Trained staff to use web editing and email marketing systems.
- Designed email marketing strategy, implementation plan, necessary policies, and CAN-SPAM compliant templates.
- Created, maintained, and developed strategy for law school social media channels.
Communications Coordinator • Mt. Evans Hospice • 2005–2007
- Created media kit, media database, media plans for annual events, and crisis communication plan.
- Managed relationships with and successfully pitched stories to Denver and mountain-area media.
- Wrote, edited, and designed press releases, newsletters, annual reports, and brochures.
- Managed designers, printers, and volunteers for various projects and events.
Syracuse University: S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Master of Arts, August 2004
Magazine, Newspaper, Online Journalism
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, May 2003
Double major: Communication Studies and Philosophy
Expert knowledge of AP Style and the use of the Oxford Comma. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, and Microsoft Office Suite. Competent in numerous content management, email marketing, donor management, and project management systems. Experience with Google AdWords, pay per click social media advertising, HTML editing, website optimization tools, and various video editing software.